About REK Associates
- A Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business.
- A top-level company with range, construction and environmental functional experts.
- A responsive, mission-oriented team with proven leadership ability that works with our clients to provide the value solution for all stakeholders.
- Substantial savings through integrated and efficient operations working with other businesses, large and small.
- One-stop shop – fully integrated and seamless solutions from design through implementation and sustainment.
REK Associates will consistently deliver high-quality environmental and range services at competitive rates by leveraging our in-house expertise and experience, as well as other businesses, large and small. We provide enterprise support services at every level within the Department of Defense with highly qualified professional and technical staff in program and training management, range management, construction and engineering, environmental engineering and management, geographic information systems (GIS), and information and resource management.
REK Associates supports the US Army Training Support System (TSS) with proven range, environmental, training and management support wherever military installations are located. We deliver new and innovative solutions in areas such as range management, field training, environmental rehabilitation, application of emerging scientific technology, and construction.
REK Associates supports the Army Sustainable Range Program (SRP) that provides for range operations and modernization to include management, coordination and integration of all aspects of internal functions and range staff, as well as coordination and integration of external functions of installation management at the Garrison and Installation Management Agency (IMA) Region levels. Tasks include supporting the development of the Installation Range Development Plan and Range Complex Master Plans and executing the plans to maximize training assets for military installations, units and soldiers.
REK Associates supports the Army’s Integrated Training Area Management (ITAM) program with sound natural and cultural resource management practices to provide stewardship of land assets, while sustaining those assets to support training, testing, and other Installation missions. We provide Training Requirements Integration (TRI), Range and Training Land Assessment (RTLA), Land Rehabilitation and Maintenance (LRAM), Sustainable Range Awareness (SRA), and Geographic Information System (GIS) support.
REK Associates supports the Navy Seaport-E program as well as Navy training at multiple bases.
REK supports the Army Corps of Engineers through multiple contract vehicles, to include the Multiple Environmental Government Acquisition (MEGA) awarded to REK by the Corps’ Kansas City District.
REK Associates Leadership
Lawrence Kiley, Founder and Chief Executive Officer. Mr. Kiley, a 25-year Army veteran, is an accomplished senior manager and business leader with a proven track record in successful execution and management of complex federal contracts. Mr. Kiley has over 16 years of experience in real-time software application development, requirements analysis, concept development, system acquisition, systems installation, site preparation and system testing for the U.S. Army and U.S. Navy. He has over 18 years of experience in network design, requirements definition, and installation.
Max Voigtritter, Founder and Chief Financial Officer. Mr. Voigtritter is an experienced senior manager in the full spectrum of enterprise operational, planning, and business development activities, including overseeing all aspects – financial, organizational, business development, human resource, and contractual – of thriving, diverse, geographically dispersed business units. He is an experienced senior software and systems architect, working on strategic and tactical systems as well as modeling and simulations. He has performed design, procurement and maintenance of required IT and facilities enterprise, ensuring technical excellence in such areas as information technology; strategic planning; financial policy; requirements analysis and studies; quality assurance; life cycle documentation; and training.
Chuck Fowler, Chief Operations Officer. Mr. Fowler, an Army combat veteran, has over 40 years of experience in the Defense market, providing leadership and fiscal management over major Army units, and programs and projects at every organizational level across the Department of Defense, Department of the Army, Army commands and units. His expertise includes program and project management, military range operations and maintenance, military and combat training, environmental consulting services, resource management, logistics, and GIS support. His experience includes program execution leadership; fiscal leadership and resource management over military and business units and programs; proposal management; policy development; management of large, complex prime contracts; logistics; environmental training land management; and leading large, diverse workforces and teams.
John Winslett, Senior Construction Manager. Mr. Winslett, another veteran, is a construction project manager with over 40 years of diverse construction and military experience ranging in scope from the installation of reactor core bed construction to assisting in the design build of the NSA facility on the island of Oahu. He possesses practical construction management experience that includes development of ranges for the US Army, training facilities, secure indoor shoot houses, Improvised Explosive Device-Defeat (IEDD) range construction and training, and environmental remediation of hazardous substance sites and erosion repair in a live fire environment. His hands-on experience has allowed Mr. Winslett to provide SME assistance to eight different US Allies in construction, armaments implementation, explosive removal, training, containment and remediation of threat issues and erosion repair in actual field theaters.
- U.S. Army, multiple installations
- US Army Corps of Engineers
- General Dynamics Information Technology
- Portage, Inc
- CJ Seto
- CPS Timberland
- Delta Environmental
- Consortium for Energy, Environment and Demilitarization (CEED)
Remediation and Reclamation Services
- US Army, Directorate of Plans, Training and Mobilization, Range training roads, trails and range design/construction.
Environmental / Program Management Services
- US Army, Directorate of Plans, Training and Mobilization , Sub contractor for Rock Quarry Operations
- US Army Corps of Engineers, Sub contractor for design and construct of Dip Pond and new water truck parking/turn-out area.
- US Army Corps of Engineers, Sub contractor for design and construct of Convoy Live Fire Course
- NAVFAC, Sub-Contractor for program Management / environmental consultant for tree clearing (Phase II) at various locations.
Land Management Planning and Analysis
- Integrated Training Area Management (ITAM)
- US Army Sustainable Range Program (SRP)
- US Army Training Support System (TSS)
- Improvised Explosive Device Defeat (IEDD) Home Station Training Lanes (Fort Wainwright, Fort Richardson, Schofield Barracks, Camp Ripley, Gowen Field)
Unexploded Ordinance (UXO)
- UXO Avoidance
- UXO Removal
- UXO Clearance
- UXO Escort
- Controlled Demolition
Range Construction and Maintenance
- Construction of Dip Pond
- New water truck parking/turn-out area
- Field design and construction of maneuver areas, trails, and LZs
- Military training range remediation, repair and reclamation
- Repair and Rehabilitation of trails, and off-road maneuver areas including re-installation of erosion control measures
- Construction, repair, or re-alignment of storm water mitigation structures
- Repairs to trail surfaces
- Beach/River stabilization
- Quarry Management